Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Fathers Prayer

Happy fathers day to all the dads out there. My heart hangs heavy on this day. Not only is this the first fathers day i will be sober. It is the first one alone. This is hard I'm scared. I know that you are not supoose to make majot changes in the first year, but moving is not a a choice it is reality. The thing that confuses me is that today is my anniversy. 18 years ago I held the love of my life in my arms and said forever. Today I just hold those thoughts thats all I have.

I wish I had more time to post. It sun moring. Friday drove home to (northern Wisconsin will always be my home) 512 miles. yesterday I packed up and brought a load to Appleton Wisconsin. 438 miles round trip yesterday. Packed some more this morning. Kids are coming over after my aa meeting this morning. Taking them with to appleton for the week to my new house. I know a knew that needs new memories, good sober memories. I feel empty with every trip I make out of this house.

I missed posating last week. I'm going to get around to say Hi to all this afternoon before i pack pc. not sure when I will get internet down south.

Love to all
peace
hugs and kiises
Steve

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey You,

Happy Fathers Day. You have lots to celebrate. Enjoy your children, they are blessed to have a father on the path to recovery!

Judith said...

Happy Father's Day, Steve. There is a lot to look forward to in recovery, including your kids. Keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I'm glad your back blogging.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

STILL don't know what you were doing in freakin' South Dakota...

Happy Father's Day.

Pammie said...

Making new memories can be very exciting Steve....stay willing to see what this new life will hold..it just may surprise you mi amigo.

ArahMan7 said...

Happy Father's Day from Malaysia, Steve.

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

hey happy fathers day stevie!

Shadow said...

happy father's day!

Sylvia said...

A belated Happy Fathers Day to you. Glad you are back.

Scott M. Frey said...

I hope your Father's Day was a fun one with the boys... I am glad you made it to a meeting that morning! I feel you man... Change is tough, especially when it involves the people we love...

But, a day at a time, you will get through this. The best part (and yes there si one) is that you don't have to drink over this!

Get back with us when you're re-hooked up again. I'll be anxious to hear how things are going!

Cheesehead With Sticks said...

Ya, it's the crazy knitter chick again. I just wanted to say welcome to the "Valley" - you're in my area now. I've heard great things about the Genesis Club. They have meetings all the time and other activities, if you haven't heard of it by now.

My husband is in recovery and I can get you in touch with him if you ever have any questions about meetings in the area or whatever - though he mostly sticks a few miles south in Neenah.

Keep on Keepin' On.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to send you cyber hugs and love.

Sylvia said...

Miss you very much. How are you Steve?

therapydoc said...

Hi Steve, Hope you're hanging in there. Would you want to submit that post you wrote about loving being able to find a meeting ANYWHERE in the Carnival of All Substances?

You submit over here.

http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_1377.html

Redhead Gal said...

I hope you are doing well, Steve.

ArahMan7 said...

Hi Steve. Hope you're in the best of health.

Greeting from Malaysia.

Scott M. Frey said...

hey, what's up bro? I hope you're doing well sir! God Bless and take good care!