Monday, July 23, 2007

The newcomer


Today I was reminded why it is important for me to go to to meeting. The newcomer. Yes i know at 8 months that's still me, but tonight's meeting there were 3 people there with less than 30 days combined. That was me, that was you, that was us not to long ago. I need meetings, i need the newcomer to remind me that all my misery can be refunded at anytime. Today I awoke alive and sober thats all i have, That is all I need.

It has been to long since I did anything gratitude list.
I'm grateful my HP
I'm grateful for the hands AA
I'm grateful for my family
I'm grateful for my sponsor
I'm grateful for my new family in AA
I'm grateful to discover that I still can't dance
I'm grateful to spend my 1st family function sober, with my grandmother still there to enjoy it
I'm grateful for the newcomer
I'm grateful for all of you that visit my blog, and call be back
I'm grateful for the Loving hands of all of you.

Its been a long time since I really posted. The true raw emotions that consumed this blog in its early days, most of the time I was working thru problems. Today with my problems, I know what to do most of the time, wow does that sound like the promises. Things are still rough getting use to a new life in a new town, but you know what i have something today that i haven't had in a long time. ME. A sober person who is no longer afraid of what might happen, a person that now ,,,ok I won't lie I still don't like change, but i can accept that I can not control its outcome.

I miss all of you. I missed blogging, I missed me. I strayed away, played a little on the dark side, thought I could do this with out meeting, with out talking to a sponsor with out talking to other aa's. I was wrong.

I will be back and keep coming back

love
Peace, hugs and kisses
Steve

8 comments:

My Name Here said...

Hey You,

So glad you are back. You were missed. I am grateful to have you back here, I missed you. Newcomers are wonderful, we learn so much from them. We learn so much from eachother. It is wonderful going down our paths with all these great people around us for support, guidance, and a good kick in the ass sometimes too. Keep on blogging, you help me!!

Shadow said...

hey! good to hear from you again. you sound like you have sorted out a whole bunch of stuff, i'm glad for you!

Scott M. Frey said...

I am grateful that you're back on track. I am more grateful that your venture into the dark underbelly of self-sponsorsihp only resulted in a rude awakening that this is much better with other AA's and meetings!
Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my insanity yesterday. All I can work on is my side of the street, you are correct. Unfortunately, some debris has been blowing in from the other side of the street for yrs and it's getting tough to clear it all away by myself.

God Bless, get busy with metings in that new town, and help those newcomers out my friend... You have a lot to offer them!

Judith said...

It is good to see you back. I miss you when you aren't around and I worry like a mother hen.

Just so you know.

molly said...

Hi Steve! Thanks for the post on my blog :) I deleted the post last night b/c I thought it was silly.. but glad you found it before I did and posted encouraging words. Thank you so much.. I'm looking forward to reading your blog today. Hope you have a great day!

lana (molly)

Gooey Munster said...

8 months, dang boy that is flipping amazing!

Scott M. Frey said...

stopping by to say hey... I miss your posts (hint hint) I hope the assimilation into your new digs is going well my friend!

God Bless!

ArahMan7 said...

Hi Steve. I've been missing too. I'm glad you're back. Please drop by my blog. I got something for you.

Come on over, I shall be waiting for you.

Greeting and lotta loves from Malaysia.