Monday, July 30, 2007

You're Job has been elimanted

Wow!!! What a way to start a Monday morning meeting. The owners of the Wholesalert hat I work for was here from South Dakota this morning. The meeting started out with that they wanted to nip any rumors in the bud before it became public. The line of furnace that I was hired to be the equipment corridnor, and outside sales for, it was determined that they were dropping the line. My mouth hit the table. Here I am in training, inside sales so i gain the knowledge of how this company operated before I hit the road and promise things that the company can not deliver, would an alcoholic do something like that. Well I was assured that I still have a job. the other line that we carry would be out main line now.

The old Steve would of flown off the handle, yelled, screamed, bitched and then asked what about me. Today with my program i listened waited and asked question calmly. The decision was a business decision, for the good of the company. I would not want to think how I would of reacted if I was still using.

I knew right then i needed a meeting tonight. One starts in 45 mins. I went blog stalking right away. Couldn't post. reached out of a fellow AA in the program. I have come far. Still have a longs way to go, but today, doing it one day at time, just keeping it simple is the best I can do.

Talked to my sponsor Sun am, just like every sun am. He told me to find a local sponsor. one that is close just in case. He asked me about my morning prayer. What morning, been doing it in the evening. "That make sense, Pray for guidance and strentgh after the shit hits the fan. How about asking for courage to face today's challenges? Maybe those challenges could be solved before they are problems." I miss his words of wisdom some days.

Well Go ta run. i have my kids this week. The oldest is flying to Texas for 2 weeks on Sat. So this way I can see them for a week before school starts when he returns. We are mending some fences. Tearning down walls piece by piece. Someday fast, someday slow. but progress

Well once a week is getting better. I will be back soonerrrrrrrrrrrrr. Still missing ya-all.

peace
Hugs and kisses
Steve

12 comments:

molly said...

Hi Steve! Thanks for stopping by my blog today :) I'm in sales too.. can be a biotch sometimes! Hang in there buddy.

ArahMan7 said...

Be cool, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Breath in, breath out. Growth, well this is sure an opportunity to do so :) Allow the process. Keep up the great work friend.

Shadow said...

hey! good luck and stay strong out there. you're handling things so well by the sound of things. love that comment from your sponsor about sorting challenges before they become problems, wise words. i can see why you like chatting with him.
and enjoy your kids!!!

Scott M. Frey said...

sales... been in sales most of my ok, all of my professional career and it can rip your guts out and make you want to scream (I LOVE THIS) from the highest mountain tops... hang in there bro... one thing that helped me was to finally place my sales job in a position of service to God and my customers first... once I did this, once i remembered that I am here to serve, the sales numbers began to take care of themselves. more importantly, I was no longer stressing about about having to make that sale, do or die.

I love the bit about praying at nite, after the shit hits the fan, lol good stuff man!

I grew up working on dairy farms. There is a reason we refer to repairing damaged relationships as mending fences. Mending actual fences is some of the crappiest, difficult and painful work I have ever done and we did it every spring... barbed wire fences, that is.

peace man... God Bless and big hugs from Ohio!

Judith said...

You should be impressed with your first thoughts of going to a meeting and finding other AAers to talk to. I know I am. You have come a long way, my friend. I think you are on the right path if you are doing the right things in a moment of crisis.

It may turn out even better than before if you keep a level head. It's an opportunity.

Stay cool. I'll be thinking of you.

Peace,
Judith

My Name Here said...

One day at a time my friend. Just one!!

Pammie said...

so glad to see a post from you !!!
I'm glad you were able to keep the old Steve in check during the meeting....maybe this is a better fit anyway !!

lushgurl said...

Hey buddy! Like you I have not been posting as often lately, good to see ya again.
Yup, I usually do my prayers at night, but not after the sh*t hits the fan, it is to give thanks for the many blessings in my day. In the morning I read my books and ask for the strength to do His will, whatever that may be....
You sound good Steve!

Shannon said...

r u back yet???

Scott M. Frey said...

just sticking my head in to see what's shakin', my friend!

peace be with you!

Redhead Gal said...

How are you doing today?