Friday, January 25, 2008

Steve,,,in charge of Alcohol

We had a dealers meeting last week at work. I work my program over and over. Just always reminding myself what happens to me when I try control the uncontrollable. Work 12-16 hour days getting ready, not my procrastination either. I wanted everything done, just because I know how I get under pressure. I had no control over the fact We were not ready for this meeting. i had to talk about programs ,,,that I never saw till the power point presentation. I did well, I did great.

On Tues it was decided that I should stop on my home to get cheese and sausage and veggie trays,ohhhh yeah,,,buy those and with a coupon get Budweiser free. Yes Send an alcoholic to get the beer.

Well I was fine, but of course I doubted myself. didn't trust myself at all. 6 Cases of Beer in my truck, 3 miles back to work, it gave me 3 miles to allow that evil twin back in. Called my old sponsor from the parking lot. It was for Work, it was what my boss asked me to do. He reminded me that there are 98% of the world population that can drink with-out getting drunk.
There are people who can have one and Stop. He reminded me again that I was not probably one of them. But suggested if I thought I was to have one and stop again. Well He baited me, not go. I knew what would happen with even the smallest sip. Of course I did fine. Almost fine, I bought Odouls and had two that night at the meeting, which is just 3 stories by itself.

Beer tastes bad to me, so don't worry. not running for the flavor. I did ok, but reminded myself what happens if you sit in the barber chair to many times. Someday you are going to get a hair cut. Gotta run for know at work running around again, short handed here and it is FLIPPING cold 16 below Zero.

Peace Hugs and Kisses

Steve

9 comments:

Sylvia said...

Steve wanted to say goodbye for a little while. I am going to move to another city and will not have an internet connection for about 1 month. I am glad that you are doing good. See you when I get settled and reconnected.

Scott M. Frey said...

prayers for you my friend... lols ending a drunk to get the beer... I had that very experience more than once, and have lived to stay sober through it!

Well done but ya might re consider the Odouls! You'll get much more than a haircut lol!

peace my friend and stay warm, or well, um get warm! lol

Judith said...

I was not a beer drinker except on occasion and I never drank hard liquor, and I've never even tried any illegal drugs or even smoked a cigarette, nevermind pot.

But there are days now when I think, well, I bet I could do "X" and I'd be fine. So long as it is not my Chardonnay.

Our alcoholic brains really have us tricked. I think it's a real pisser to live with and hard for anyone without that demon on their back to understand.

Glad you made it through without drinking, but maybe next time you should tell them no to the beer.

Unknown said...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

hi steve! how sthings?

Anonymous said...

Hello, how r uuuuu? Checking in. Hope you are well, or as well as can be.

Sylvia said...

How are you?

Sylvia said...

I am good. I have been lazy and not posting and only reading. Have missed you. How are things on your end. My email address is 2feeleys@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop in and say that a difference you have made is that my boyfriend and childhood friend has just returned from his 3rd tour in Iraq, and now is facing his demons on American soil, his own, and asked me to google you and read your experiences, as he's learning a lot from them and from "King Baby", while being hospitalized and waiting for his exit from there to a treatment center, to happen later this week. I'm proud of you for as far as you've come, and know that prayers and thoughts are with you in your continued progress, and thank you for being bold enough to share your demons and downfalls with the world, we could all use more honest people out there to help us learn...I wish you the best in all you do!!