Sunday, February 8, 2009

Having had a spiritual awekening...

"Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry the message to alcoholics, and practice these principals in all our affairs." Step twelve of course, if I needed to explain that hold on its going to be a wild ride. Friday afternoon I got a phone call from a guy in the program. I really couldn't him a friend because I have really not been accepted into their little inner circle, but he his my brother never-the-less. He had a great Day going on Thursday, made some very difficult amends, his wife found out and it went down hill from there. One amends to an ex female business partner, and another to an old high school flame. He has started to make his amends with his wife, but she wants details, he explained as it says "unless it will do others harm". so he will not go into detail with her. This is where I am also in my program.

I was working, but talked for about 45 mins. He was about 2 hours north, told him that I would met him in Green Bay about noon. we finally meet about 1:30. He was shaken, he talked about the low he felt last night, and he just wanted that first drink. Felt like he thru away the last two years. He felt like that emotional hangover. I sat there and prayed for at least some wisdom. Told him there was a meeting at 8pm and I would see him there. Well i didn't and it hurt, I was fear full of what happened. I know that I did my best, but still second guessed myself if i said something wrong or didn't say enough. I know I didn't because I asked God for strength and wisdom. I didn't say anything that I have not learned in the program.

Well a week later he is sober still. Saw him Monday, he thanked me "without making your head swell, I wouldn't made it without you" I felt good a sense of being a sense of belong. God am I getting better with every 24 hours. I'm still sick but getting better

peace hugs and kisses
my sober friends
Steve

2 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

good for you steve. you did your 'lousy best'. thats all i d and its worked fr over 21yrs. so i dont se anything wrong with it.

OUR VERY LIVES, as ex-problem drinkers, depend upon our CONSTANT thought of others and how we may help meet their needs. p20

Practical experience shows that NOTHING will so much insure immunity from drinking as INTENSIVE work with other alcoholics. p89

For if an alcoholic failed to perfect and enlarge his spiritual life through work and self-sacrifice for others, he could NOT survive the CERTAIN trials and low spots ahead. p14

When ALL other measure failed, work with another alcoholic WOULD save the day. p15

I would be AMAZINGLY lifted up and set on my feet.It is a design for living that works in rough going. p15

butterflygirl said...

Just sending some Valentine's Day wishes.