Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Worth working,,,,

"...It works if you Work it,,sucks if you don't" is how many meetings end around here, Let me tell how how good it works. 10 day Ago I had the opportunity to speak at the Sunday morning AA meeting held at the treatment center that I was a guest of. It was a great experience one that I will remember each new 24 hours. A sense of being and belonging. I forget my notes, yes I lived it but made notes. I got down on my hands and knees and asked God to fill my mouth with the words that needed to be heard that day. of course things went well since I was not saying those words, they were from my voice but they were his words. There was no stretching the truth, misquotes. I could even talk about the time, as it talks about in the big book, when I could not imagine life with or without alcohol, I was at the jumping off point. After I attempted to take my life, I jumped the other way. I layed in there in that snow bank asking for help, this time I felt something, today I know what that something is. Butt I spoke with regret without fear.

I spoke almost 2 years to the Day that I walked into that treatment center. I was Dry for 2 months by then, but not living. Today things are different. Any ways After the meeting it was the hugs and thanks. I had to work on Monday so my son and i returned to Appleton. Tuesday morning rolled around and we were off back to Rhinelander for Court for him. we sat in the Lobby I overheard another lady talking about how she had 7 months sober, she went to great open speaker meeting on Sunday. Wow!!! I sat there another person from the treatment center walked in court, we exchanged the typical Hi's. Then a big bald ass biker dude yells, Brother Steve,,,A member from my old home group when I lived up there. God had put those 3 people in my life at that given moment for a reason,,,WOW!!!!! I know everything was going to be fine. Might not be good, but I was safe.

Now his lawyer shows up and calls us out to a conference room. To make a long story straight 5 felonies and two misdemeanors would be plead down to two misdemeanors and 18 months probation. We finished his High school home schooling just 3 days before. This kid has a chance of a life. It is up to him, God has seen to that. Anyways I thanked him and again and remembered the last thing I told my son Monday night, "Expect the worst, but pray for the best" it worked,,,See it works if you work,,,It sucks if you don't

Peace hugs and kisses
Steve

5 comments:

butterflygirl said...

It is so nice to see a profile pic with these words. I can feel the "goodness" inside of you.

Shadow said...

hiya! i'm glad at least that you are doing good. good luck to that kid!

Unknown said...

I am glad things worked out for the better for your son. Great post!

Scott M. Frey said...

it work's if you work it, and you've obviously been working it! I pray that your son works it and makes the most of his opportunity!

Unknown said...

Poke poke ~