Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Eight Days in Rehab

Hey peeps. Whaz up. Ok this is a front. I'm at the YMCA right now. i can come over here for an hour a day for excise. So this will be short. This is harder than I thought Physically and mentally. I had my bags packed and ready to Walk Sunday night. I stayed. My mind is not here. My wife rented a house, and is starting to move out. My mind is there now. I have been trying to get it back into the program, but it is hard. Today is better. Keeping my spirts up. I couldn't wait to get over here to read and post comments to you guys. I have been praying daily just like when I was a kid. my sponsor told me to start hitting the floor daily. It has helped. Sun night when I was all worked up a retired Pasteur who works there, came into my room we talked for 3 hours. At 4 am he said a prayer asking God to help me sleep by lifting some of my burdens off of me. So I could get the needed sleep I needed. It helped.

Well I will post more later. I want to go vist your sites. Thanks for the prayers.

Hugs and Kisses
Steve

12 comments:

Pammie said...

OH Steve....hang in there...God has such wonderful plans for you...he just isn't telling any of us what they are. You are there for a reason....Gods reason. Hold tight.

ArahMan7 said...

God bless you, Steve. You're on the right track. I agree with Pam, hang in there.

Anonymous said...

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it. Keep praying and keep positive thoughts. Impossible you say? Remember the 'upgrade' - If you feel sorrow - upgrade to calm. Like attracts Like. Positive thoughts attract Positive Things. Very hard for you now - but you can still work on it!!

Thoughts become Things...choose the good ones!

lushgurl said...

I know how difficult 'treatment' can be. I agree with everyone so far...through the pain and frustration to joy and peace...
HUGS and prayers to you

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you, Steve!
During one of my times in treatment, my partner (at the time)made plans to end our relationship. It was really hard for me to focus or think about anything else for several weeks. I wanted to leave. I couldn't talk about anything but her in group, etc. Then my counselor helped me to apply the 1st and 2nd Step to that relationship situation and things got much better for me.
Treatment can be really hard, Steve, but I hope you hang in, dude, cause way better things are waiting for you on the other side of this pain.
Peace,
Scout

Scott M. Frey said...

my friend, good for you, sticking with it. and good for you, pressing your mind to try to stay in the recovery and not worry about stuff you cannot control. It's difficult, you're exactly right but, we've all been through it, it can, has and will be done!

hang in there, get well for you!!

peace and prayers for the Sunlight of God's Spirit be with you, my friend!

Tennessee Santa said...

Hang in there it is all up from here.

dAAve said...

Take care of yourself. Try not to worry about others; there's not much you can do, so don't waste the energy. Just take care of yourself.

Grace said...

Just called to see how youre doing. Listen to dAAve, the rest will follow ;-)

Nancy said...

Ah Steve, you've a whole new person in you.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it to the Y. It was really good to talk to you last week. Glad you are taking some direction from your sponsor.

Hang on tight, and you will see what you need to see (but be open to it mean while).

Your in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I just stopped by tonight, had no idea if you would be able to post while you are at rehab. This is great, I am so interested to hear more of your experiences when you get out and if you wish to share. Praying for you to have a quick recovery and lots of healing in your life.