Monday, March 5, 2007

Peom of Strength

This is something My roommate in Rehab Wrote after his 5Th step. I've been praying a lot today about guidance in my decision about returning into rehab. This seemed fitting to post today.

God I Surrender
I've come to lay my burdens down.
I feel you enter into my soul,
to fill the void, the gaping hole
My body goes numb, and tingles inside,
to the core, my heart,where you reside.
the serenity, and hope, I now can feel.
My faith in you no one can steel
things in the past could bring me down
They make me sad, make me frown
With new light from you I start to grow
I'll share it with others, and try to show
how you lifted me up with love, and regard,
when I slipped and fell to the ground so hard.
Your Love is unfailing, so Awesome, and true
It brings me through times when my vision is eschewed.
Please keep me, always, in the palm of your hand
When my knees go weak give me strength to stand.
In time I'll find your plan for me.
I'll embrace it with faith, ambition, and glee.
So thank you, lord, for all you have done
Especially for Jesus, sacrificing your son.

Forever Grateful
Me
Jeremiah

I needed him as a roommate I found faith, and strength inside him, and use it daily. Time for bed, I haven't been sleeping much, taking some sleeping pills so I can get some shut eye. I was only getting 2 hours a night for awhile, running on fumes. Doing better now, getting better.

Peace
Hugs and kisses

Steve

9 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hey. cool. That gives me goosebumps.
Happy Birthday Steve!
Thank you for sharing that LOVELY poem. It seemed to come straight from the heart. lovely.
Its a weird life we get to liv ein recovery isn't it? who'd have thought eh? It wasn't like I particurlaly DISLIKED the idea of god, even though i'd met a lot of very tiresome do-good christian types who just seemed like NO fun! It's just i would never have thought back then, that my ability to function on almost every level would depend so much on a reliance of a power greater than me that I REALLY do not understand. I just couldnt live without it. thats what I find weird. Anyway. I wish you a very happy birthday steve, and I hope you make the very best of this opportunity to look at things while you are in rehab. Trust me! Hang in there! It gets better! See you soon!

Pammie said...

I hear it's your birthday Steve!!!
Happy Birthday.
Steve....please practice "STAY IN THE DAY"..I think it is the most powerful lesson in ALL of recovery. We can do anything in the world...for just one day.
You know the sign on our AA rooms that says "Think Think Think"?
That ones not for you. :-)
Hang in there....you've come so far.

lushgurl said...

Happy Birthday Steve...what a great gift to give yourself today going back to treatment.
The poem is beautiful, hang on to the hope it brings you, everything will be as it should be...
*HUGS* *HUGS* --had to give ya two today 'cause it's your B-Day and all!!!

Sober Steve said...

Peace Hugs and kisses to all who stop by on this day. Your strength will guide me and hold me up in the Day

Love to all
Steve

ArahMan7 said...

Beautiful poem.

Happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

Steve, I missed your birthday, so this is a belated happy birthday wish. I am so happy you made the 90 day mark. I am erally enjoying your honesty in your blog.

Anonymous said...

Steve, I hope you went back to rehab to finish what you started.
Again I will say Happy 90!
Peace,
Scout

Sober Steve said...

Yes I am here to finish what i started and a whole lot more. I grew more in the 8 days away from rehab. i really became humble and senerne

Patrick said...

Psalm 17

A prayer of David.
1 Hear, O LORD, my righteous plea;
listen to my cry.
Give ear to my prayer—
it does not rise from deceitful lips.
2 May my vindication come from you;
may your eyes see what is right.
3 Though you probe my heart and examine me at night,
though you test me, you will find nothing;
I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.
4 As for the deeds of men—
by the word of your lips
I have kept myself
from the ways of the violent.
5 My steps have held to your paths;
my feet have not slipped.

6 I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.
7 Show the wonder of your great love,
you who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in you from their foes.
8 Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings
9 from the wicked who assail me,
from my mortal enemies who surround me.
10 They close up their callous hearts,
and their mouths speak with arrogance.
11 They have tracked me down, they now surround me,
with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground.
12 They are like a lion hungry for prey,
like a great lion crouching in cover.
13 Rise up, O LORD, confront them, bring them down;
rescue me from the wicked by your sword.
14 O LORD, by your hand save me from such men,
from men of this world whose reward is in this life.
You still the hunger of those you cherish;
their sons have plenty,
and they store up wealth for their children.
15 And I—in righteousness I will see your face;
when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
PEACE BE WITH YOU
PATRICK