Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The things I didn't miss this New Years

Today I was talking to a friend and she thought that she might be coming down with a cold. After talking for a bit she thought maybe it was still from New Years Eve. She dosen't drink a whole lot, when she does, she is down for a couple days. That made me think of what I'm gratefull for. Here are a list of the things that I did not miss Jan 1st.
#1 The head pounding earth moving headache
#2 looking in my wallet or checkbook to see how much I spent that night
#3 The look on my face, and my reaction to getting up aat noon, with all the things that needed to be done not even started.
#4 The look of disappointment on my kids faces when I said I didn't want to do anything
#5 The huge pile of empty beer cans lying around the house and my truck.
#6 The most important that I do not miss is asking my wife to drive home again since I had to much to drink again.

I am Much happier now since I dont drink. One day at a time works, and it is working for me.

1 comment:

Gooey Munster said...

That is a great gratitude list! It really helps to put it down and take a moment to reflect on all the consequences we would put ourselves thru via the "dark days."

I am so excited you were able to pick up that 30 day chip! I know the energy produced from this not only by the chip taker, but by those who watch this amazing event take place.

Happy New Year! Let's see what lies ahead of us in sobriety.

PS
I am so jazzed you created a blog. As I said b4 you write beautifully!