Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Trying to decide

I have been asked more than once about why I feel it is important to maintain this blog. I was also asked to keep a written journal, and not share the personal stuff on this blog. My first answer was " it ain't going to happen." I thought about this last night and again today. I don't know about the rest of you out here in blog land but for me I have gained so much more by sharing my experiences with all of you then I would of keeping them to myself. As I read others blogs I sometimes think that sounds like me. That happened to me, I was not alone.

For me maintaining this blog I have worked through many issues about myself and this Dz call alcoholism. Sometimes maintaining this has taken my mind of the fact that I am dying for a drink. I have worked through so many emotions on this blog, and reading others like yours. We are not alone out here. The blog for me does not take away from the tables, it adds another chance for me to talk about my problem of being an alcoholic. To share your experiences and lives.

So there is my answer. I am going to continue to share with all of you. If you comment and come back thank-you, but I will continue to blog and share my experiences.

Hugs and Kisses
Steve

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Blogging or journaling in a book is a great addition to anyone's recovery. I feel the blogging is more 12 stepish. Journaling is more isolated. In the Forward to the Fourth Edition of the BigBook "Modem-to-modem or face-to-face, A.A.'s speak the language of the heart in all its power and simplicity"

It is nice to meet you SoberSteve,
have a wonderful today!

Scott M. Frey said...

I believe there is great value in writing our stuff down. Once our truth is on paper it becomes "the truth about us" and is now free from the filters of our mind. Once I write my stuff down, that IBSC (itty bitty shitty committee) can no longer convene and twist everything.

I am glad that blogging has brought you some peace. I know it has really added a lot to my recovery. I especially like the fact that you realize it could never be a substitute for face to face recovery at the meetings and with a sponsor.

peace to you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Not sure who asked you not to blog. But if it helps you think and it is not hurting anyone, what is the problem with it. I will be back to check on you. peace brother

Anonymous said...

I blog because it adds a HUGE dimension to my recovery that I would not otherwise have. Recovery can be difficult, especially early recovery, and I am a person who needs all the feedback I can get. I am also a person who needs to know or read that I am not alone in the things I think and feel. Blogging provides that for me.....
Just as it seems to for you, Steve.
Blog on, brother.
Peace,
Scout
P.S. I see you are from "Sconie." Which part of the cheesehead world to you belong to? I am originally a MN/ND girl.

Pammie said...

I would miss reading your blog!! I'm here for ya Mr.

Gooey Munster said...

There are no rules to blogging. We just all happen to connect because we are in the rooms of recovery throughout the states. As Gwen says, it is sharing from the heart. As we grow in AA it is nice to be able to go back and reflect at where we once we.