Monday, April 9, 2007

Chicago


I will post later. I had a greAAt trip To the windy city. Made meetings, had fun dancing in a bar sober. Friday did the tourist things Sears tower, stuffed chicago style pizza. walked around downtown. Spent Saturday with My Grandmother and kids. had a Blast. Will catch you up to date about the stupid things I did, yes like going to a bar this young in recovery, and watching college kids play beer pong. Most of my family, ok everybody I saw this was the first time they saw Sober Steve in over 20 years. My Grandmother cried when she saw me. in her eighties now, at least she saw me sober before,,,

I knew I lost weight put looking at this pic, holy cow where did I go? Lost over 50 pounds. One more good thing about me stopping drinking.
Gotta run for now. Have to do my hair. Oh as you can see that shouldn't take long. Tonight I get sworn into office for the town board. i will have to google this later, but I most be the first person to ever get elected to a public office while campining from Rehab. i was released 3 days before the election. One more drunk politican, But this one is a sober drunk.


peace
Hugs and Kisses
Steve


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lived in Chi-town for a long, long time. Been up in the tower more times than I could count--even those of us who LIVE there go up there! lol! I must say that I definitely miss the pizza and all the other great food there.
It was awesome to SEE you, Steve! You look great -- and handsome, too.
I love the idea of running for an office from a rehab--good story there. Best of luck tonight at your swearing in. Make sure your hair is pretty.
Peace and LOVE,
Scout

Anonymous said...

You look great! I'm thrilled at the fact you took on running for office while in recovery. It proves to me you see the future and all the fabulous things it will bring. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. - Really COOL windshirt ;)

sharonsjourney said...

If we had more sober alcoholics in recovery this would be a better world, don't you think? They could take us on their recovery journey to love, & peace. I'm counting on you to not get caught up in the politics...bullshit!

One thing that stood out in your post, is that you are really hard on yourself. I do that too, & my friends told me over & over to quit it. Look at my part, & take care of the wreckage of the past, but quit beating on myself. After all, God is in your life now, you are God's child, & you're becoming what he would have you be....progress, not perfection. That shame stuff has to do with childhood issues, you will look at that in time.

I'm in agreement, you look great, & quite handsome too, oo baby. Oh, I forgot, you're married lol.