Thursday, April 19, 2007

Progress


Progress for Today, so maybe I did set a goal for me today. No blogging till I cleaned my room and cleared of the bed. Its a king size bed, there was just enough room for me to lie down if I rolled I rolled off. I guess it was my way to be safe, so I didn't realize that I was there alone. I have been busy until yesterday 19 days, 21 meetings. I blew one off last night to go to a meeting with my father-in-law about improving hunting lands. Slept in this morning and missed another, but i am working on Steve. Doing things for Steve. Saying things to my wife about my feelings that piss her off, but i can't just sit back and get walked on any more. Progress!!!
The picture is me getting sworn in at the town hall after winning the election for town board supervisor. My youngest son, who looks thrilled, is holding my new bible that I got while in rehab. "I Steven P. Gr..... do swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of Wisconsin...." WOW talk about Progress. Campaigned from Rehab..lol

I ordered curtains for two rooms, and ordered carpeting for the master bedroom. finished putting trim up in the sun-room and finished the Living room. Called a friend up and invited her and her kids and neighbor (who is an interior decorator) to take a road trip this weekend and give me some ideas, or else there will be dead animals on every wall. lol. I'm a big hunter and fisherman. It one o'clock and I'm almost done with cleaning and laundry. Progress!!! I sat in the hot tub last night and relaxed. looks up at the stars through the sky lights and was amazed on how little we really are. sat there for a reflected on the person I want to be. The person that I am turning into right before your eyes. I feel great about this person. Not only did I loose the alcohol induced person, but he took just about 55 pounds with him. I need all new clothes, since they are falling off me. Progress!!!!!

Tonight when my boys get here I'm taking them to Rhinelander shopping about 30 miles away. I would never leave so late in the day before. Because I would of had to much to drink by 4 pm to drive that far, shop and come home again. I am going shopping for clothes for them, not me,,progress!!!!!!

I am going to another resume' writing class in the morning to tweak the final copy to send out. Although I love to blog and chat to all of you, it doesn't pay rather well. I will be careful though about doing to much to soon. Steve does come first. Progress again.

So if any of you are bored this weekend, feel free to drop on by. I have plenty of paint brushes and things to do. Sorry this all about Steve so not pink rooms or "pretty" curtains. And not all of my dead animals are going downstairs to the Basement. Progress I said that some could,,,lol!!

Peace
Hugs and Kisses
Steve

13 comments:

Anna said...

I am happy to hear your not putting dead animals on the walls :) Nice to meet you too.

Anonymous said...

I like that the picture has your new Bible in it! It will become your lifeline, as you probably already know. Your son is a cutie patootie too!

Blessings,

Ellie

Sober Steve said...

I really hope that he has his mothers hair, mine is going fast. I just loved the fact that they were there for it.

So far no takers for painting. lol

lushgurl said...

I'd offer to come and paint for you, but my favorite colours are pink, purple and turquoise, none of which match your dead animals theme!!!
HUGS

Judith said...

Progress is good, very good. Keep on smiling and being good to yourself.

Ack! No dead things on the wall! Not that you asked. :/

Sylvia said...

Glad to see your picture with your son (he is nice looking) and hear progress is being made.

Shadow said...

okay, consider 1 wall painted, lol. you're doing great by the sound of it. stay there! and i can sympathise with a couple of feelings there. good to know i'm not the only one.... p.s. congratulation on your election

ArahMan7 said...

Congratulation, Steve. I see that you're doing well. That's progress.

Enjoy your weekend.

Meg Moran said...

The spiritual moment you had in the hottub when you looked up and realized the Infinite is probably the most important thing you did all day yesterday...good job! Keep that conscious contact with your HP growing. The rest is all ice cream! (oh yeah, maybe somewhere on another planet there is a room where animals hang dead people on the wall LOL!!)

Sober Steve said...

WOW. Didn't know that there were so many hunters still Denial!!! One wall is painted "Scarlett Letter" Dark red maybe cranberryish.

Steve

Scott M. Frey said...

Steve... I duno what to say my friend! I haevnt been doing much blogging of late, I apologize for not coming by more often.

Dude,y ou look and sound just great. I think sobriety agrees with you! Congrats on your election, great pic!

I would love to come up that way and help you work on the house, but for our community garage sale this weekend, I have my own little list of honey-do's, lol!

peace and hugs, keep going!

Pammie said...

gosh you've come a long way Steve!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

Just checking in to see how your weekend is going, and to say, you're still in my prayers.

Blessings,

Ellie