Saturday, April 14, 2007

How it Works

Well we are told that " Rarely have we seen a person fail who has not thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who can not or will not completely give themselves to this simple program....."

I had a greAAt meeting last night. The meeting that I hate going to. they are really overbearing about that their group is the only group that can save me. If I do not choose them as a home group I will fail. i leave that part at the tables I go for me. So back to the meeting. Even though they are not my home group they see me twice a week. they even said, Steve you are doing great. Keep working the steps, and just don't think. Keep it simple. So This morning that is what I'm going to do.

Today I'm grateful that my kids are coming over to spend the day with me.

I'm greatful that my HP let the sunshine
I'm greatful for another 24 hours
I'm greatful for the understanding of my x-boss'
I'm greatful that it is another 24 hours closer to seeing my parents come home from FL
I'm greatful My rehab "classmates"
I'm greatful that my dog is still alive
I'm great ful that Dell had a sale on PC's
I'm greatful that I can give myself to this simple program
I'm gretful for my blogging peeps
I'm greatful to reach out and talk to sober friends
I'm greatful to Lush for keeping me sober
I'm greatful to my sponsor, for not taking my controlling shi*
I'm greatful for life todAAy.

Keep it Simple stupid, Thats you Steve.

Have a great Saturday. I will no matter what.

Love ya all
Hugs and Kisses
Steve

Oh I'm greatful that coffee is done!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Pammie said...

Enjoy your weekend Steve! I liked your gratitude list...and all before coffee???? ;)

Shannon said...

Have a great time with your kids Steve!

lushgurl said...

Yeah I too am always grateful when the coffee is ready! LOL I like your version of keep it simple...works for me too.
I do plan to have a good weekend, even tho my Boys lost in the top of the ninth!!!
HUGS

Anonymous said...

That's right Steve, we are complex people that make the simple program complex . . . hope that makes sense. :)

Glad you listening at your meetings. Happy weekend!

Judith said...

Hope you had a great Saturday. And

I love your attitude with that AA meeting you don't like so much but "go for you". That's the right reason to be there, imho.

Have fun with your kids!

ArahMan7 said...

I'm grateful to be able to read your gratitude list and for keeping it simple. All that before coffee.

It's Monday here. Happy Monday, SoberSteve.

Anonymous said...

I like to do what I call "thankfuls" sometimes on my blog. Keeps things in perspective. You are on the right road. :) God Bless You as you continue on your journey!

Alpha Dude said...

Just wanted you to know I enjoy reading your stuff. You are such an encouragement.

And all of what Eliie said - times two.

Anonymous said...

Keep on, Steve! Work that gratitude, dude.
Nice list. Nice post.
Love to you,
Scout
Happy Monday

Scott M. Frey said...

oooo coffee!! nectar of the Gods lol!! I went to alot of meetings like the one you described, whenI was early on. They can be annoying but they tend to have a good message.

Steve, you do sound great, love the vidoe/song. I take Ian to McDonald's fairly regularly for a nugget happy meal. We have a great time, just him and me. I worked at McD's (way underachiving during my active addiction/akie-holism) and so I like to go in there, especially with him, just to remind myself...

be good!! big sober hugs, man!

sharonsjourney said...

Your gratitude isn't so bad itself. Especially for the coffee being done. I am grateful to Lush too, she helps keep me sober, I just love her. Hope you had a great week end!

Love, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, Just checking in to see how you are doing? You're still in my prayers.

Blessings,

Ellie